In this workshop we demystify the process of setting up a new business. We look at the advantages and disadvantages of the different business structures from the perspective of cost, administration, debt liability and tax efficiency. Various funding options are covered including loans, grants and crowdfunding. We also look at how you can protect your brand identity, creative output, ideas and inventions.
- Choosing the right business structure
- Licences and insurance
- Selling goods online
- Importing and exporting
- Running a business from home
- Setting up and record keeping for your business
- Sources of funding including grants and start up loans
- Raising finance through crowdfunding
- Protecting your intellectual property
- Be able to make more educated decisions about the most appropriate business structure
- Understand the administration required for your business
- Be familiar with the available funding options
- Protect the competitive advantage you have in your intellectual property
Course notes are provided. Practical exercises will enable you to apply the content within your own business.